- Vitiligo is caused by a combination of autoimmune, genetic and environmental factors.
- Vitiligo is the loss of skin color following the destruction or loss of skin melanocytes which produce melanin (pigment).
- The onset of vitiligo is often before age 20.
- Depigmented (white) patches of skin may grow or remain constant in size. Spontaneous repigmentation may occur.
- Vitiligo can have a significant effect on psychological well being, especially in
skinof color, because the contrast between pigmented and depigmented areas can be drastic.
To Make An Appointment Call (425) 672-1333
Treatment For Vitiligo
- Repigmentation therapies to remove the white patches include corticosteroids (topical and intralesional), calcineurin inhibitors, ultraviolet light, and skin “transplantation” procedures.
- Light treatments such as narrowband ultraviolet-B light (NB-UVB) can also help.
Meet Our Providers
Our providers continue to maintain the highest levels of accreditation and progressive ongoing education to learn and understand the latest developments in medical dermatology. Each provider's education and bio can be viewed below.
Scott Taylor, PA-C
Scott Taylor has been working in dermatology since 2011 with a special focus on surgical and general dermatology. He is particularly passionate about patient counseling in a wide variety of dermatological conditions from...